Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Growing Deeper With Christ



Lately I have been running in to so many incidents with fellow Christians and people in my life. I have had so many things said to me that have hurt me more deeply than I have been by words before and have been brought to a place emotionally that I do not like to be. I have been asking God and searching for why these incidents have been brought before me all in such a small period of time. I have been struggling with not wanting to attend church lately and wanting to close up into my home with just my family and avoid the outside world even. Through these trials I began by rejecting Christ and closing off and have slowly turned to embracing my love for and relationship with Him more than ever before. Three weeks ago I could not even pay attention to the message on Sundays and fidgeted in my seat the whole time and a few weeks later I am more in a state of worship on Sundays than ever before. I stayed awake praying the other night and it hit me that this was the plan all along. I was putting more emphasis on the church and works than on Christ Himself. Somehow I had slipped into this pattern and this thought process that the church was there to somehow fulfill what only God can. Our church is a wonderful place but it is full of sinful people as are all churches and is not there to fill in you what only God can. I had to realign my faith and my thoughts back to what they originally were and realize this in order to grow deeper with Christ and to understand why I was feeling so down about those I was surrounded with. So I challenge you to take a step back and re-evaluate where you are standing in your faith and where you are putting your need for fulfillment... is it with church? family? a job? Or is it where it is supposed to be, in God?

No comments:

Post a Comment